10 More Interesting Places To Network
Networking. Seems like a dull task, right? In a lot, a ways network can feel tedious especially when you force yourself to attend a formal networking event. However, it doesn’t have to be all bad. In fact, there are a few unlikely places where you can network. If stuffy networking events aren’t your cup of tea, try networking at one of these places:
- Volunteer opportunities – Volunteering is a great way to build a resume, but also a fantastic way to meet other folks.
- Community events – Is your community hosting run, parade or community fair? Go out and participate!
- Alumni events – Have you connected with former classmates? How about that guy from your soccer team in college? Stay in touch with them and make contact regularly.
- Dog park – It’s always nice to let your four-legged friend run free at the dog park. Connect with other dog-owners. You might meet the next Bill Gates!
- Gatherings with family and friends – Your direct connections almost always have a vast sphere of influence.
- Sporting Events – Are you a diehard Packers fan? Did you watch the Blackhawks last night? Sports are a perfect common ground to help break the ice.
- Job Fairs – This is one of the best places to get some face time with employers and fellow job seekers.
- The Office – Talk to your co-workers. Get to know them beyond a simple office connection.
- Chamber of Commerce Events – Businesses in your area always have like-minded people who may need or know someone who needs your services.
- Coffee Shops – Grab a cup of joe and enjoy it at the local coffee shop. See who trickles in and chat with them.
Brush up on networking conversation starters, step outside your comfort zone, and create busines sopportunities!