Here Are 12 Behavioral Interview Questions You Need To Ask
Behavioral interview questions help you gauge a person’s ability to adapt, grow, collaborate, prioritize, lead, and strengthen company culture. However, it can be tricky to identify questions that effectively unveil these characteristics. Lucky for you, LinkedIn recently surveyed nearly 1,300 hiring managers for their top behavioral interview. Among all behavioral interview questions, here are best questions divided into the skills you want to screen:
To screen for adaptability
- Tell me about a time when you were asked to do something you had never done before. How did you react? What did you learn?
- Recall a time when you were assigned a task outside of your job description. How did you handle the situation? What was the outcome?
To screen for culture add
- What are the three things that are most important to you in a job?
- What’s the most exciting thing about you that’s not on your resume?
To screen for collaboration
- Give an example of when you had to work with someone who was difficult to get along with. How did you handle interactions with that person?
- Tell me about a time when you were communicating with someone and they did not understand you. What did you do?
To screen for leadership
- Tell me about the last time something significant didn’t go according to plan at work. What was your role? What was the outcome?
- Have you ever had to “sell” an idea to your co-workers or group? How did you do it? What were the results?
How to screen for growth potential
- Recall a time when your manager was unavailable when a problem arose. How did you handle the situation? With whom did you consult?
- What’s the biggest career goal you’ve ever achieved?
How to screen for prioritization
- Tell me about a time when you had to juggle several projects at the same time. How did you organize your time? What was the result?
- Tell me about a project that you planned. How did you organize and schedule the tasks?
Ready to interview the best talent in international trade? Get in touch with us!